New England's Largest Bike Parade
Bike Parade on Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
The Brookline Bike Parade will be held on Sunday, May 22nd, 2016, at Amory Park. Registration and bike safety checks begin at 11:00 AM and the ride starts at 12:30 PM.
Remember to register online and you can skip the line the day of the parade!
Bicycle Beacon Street like you've never done before - with no cars to get in your way. Ride the entire length of our historic avenue - both east and west - all car free! You'll do a 5-mile loop with Brookline Police leading the way, riding with us, and covering our backs. Like a parade!
Cyclists who can ride 5 miles on a hilly course at a speed of 8 miles per hour without stopping. Generally, that means 8 - 88+ years old and other strong bicyclists on reliable bikes. Even with those restrictions, this is a ride for cyclists at almost every level.
What about novice riders?
There will be a co-parade for younger riders and any cyclists who don't want the challenge of the long hill through Coolidge Corner. They'll also start and finish at Amory Park.
For fun. For free. We want to celebrate, encourage, and call attention to the environmental, physical, and social benefits of bicycling.
Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
- 11:00am - 12:30pm - Registration and bike saftey tents by Landry's Bicycles, Urban AdvenTours, MyBike and Ferris Wheels.
- 11:00am - 3:00pm - Party in the Park with food to purchase, music, community displays, giveaways, and alternative bikes on display and to try out
- 12:30pm - Ride starts promptly!
- 1:00pm - Free popsicles and ice cream sandwiches for everybody.
All events are courtesy of Brookline Bank and Chobee Hoy Associates with the support of the Brookline Parks Division of the DPW, the Brookline Police Department, the Brookline Recreation Department, and the community service of our local bike shops.
Get Your Bike Ready Now
Get your bike tuned up ahead of time at one of the local bike shops. This is a busy time of year for the bike shops so please try to get your bike tuned up early. Here is a list of sponsoring bike shops:
- Landry's Bicycles, 890 Commonwealth Ave. (at St. Paul St.), Brookline. This friendly bike megastore has been a parade sponsor since the first year!
- Urban AdvenTours, 103 Atlantic Ave, Boston. Reserve a rental bike for the parade. The good people of UA have been with us from the beginning!
- MyBike, 391 West Broadway, Boston, MA. Brookline's newest "untraditional" bike shop has been a parade sponsor for two years!
- Ferris Wheels, 66 South Street, Jamaica Plain. Jeff Ferris always rides. This year he's bringing a crew of techs to help with checks!
We Need Volunteers!
We need help to make this parade happen.
- Parade marshals to help the police to control motor vehicles as the parade passes by.
- School liaisons to enlist riders at the various schools.
- Publicity people to distribute cards and posters advertising the parade.
- Photographers and videographers to document the event.
See our Volunteer page for more information.
If you have any questions about the parade, check our Parade Questions page.
Thank our Sponsors
This parade would not be possible without our sponsors. Please thank them for their support.