Bike Parade on Sunday, May 21st, 2017
The Brookline Bike Parade will be held on Sunday, May 21st, 2017, at Amory Park. Registration and bike safety checks begin at 11:30 AM and the ride starts at 1:00 PM.
We need day-of-the-event volunteers who are not riding. We need help with registering riders, organizing the crowd, helping with traffic control, staffing the refreshment tables, monitoring litter and recycling, answering questions, and generally supporting the event.
- Parade marshals - we need at least 25 adults who will stand at various side streets. As the parade approaches a side street the police stop the traffic and the marshals hold the traffic until the parade passes through the intersection. Job done. Major intersections will be blocked by police officers in cars or on motorcycles.
- Photographers/Videographers - We need photographers and videographers to document the event.
- Registration - We need people to help riders register on the day of the event.
- Information - We need people who know what is going on and can answer questions.
- Lining up - We need people who will help line up the bicyclists on Amory Street.
- Clean Up - Our agreement with the Parks Department is that we will police the grounds, bag all trash and recycling, and take it to one collection area in the parking lot. Being sure litter and recyclables don't end up in the yards of residences on Amory St. or in Hall's Pond Sanctuary is also important.